College Board Website: Information on SAT/PSAT/NMSQT
Khan Academy: Free SAT/PSAT Preparation Quizzes and Study Tips
Midwest Student Exchange Program: The Midwest Student Exchange Program is a multi-state tuition reciprocity program. Students can receive discounted tuition through this program.
- Grades in College Prep Courses: GPA of English, Math, Science, Social Science, & World Language courses
- Grades in all Courses: GPA of all courses
- Strength of Curriculum: Difficulty of courses taken
- Admission Test Scores: Performance on SAT and/or ACT
- Essay or Writing Sample: Many colleges require applicants to write & submit an essay
- Counselor Recommendation: Some colleges require a school counselor to complete a formal evaluation
- Student's Demonstrated Interest: Quantifiable actions indicating an interest in the college. Examples include official campus visits, meeting with admission reps at your high school, completing info cards at college fairs, & engaging on social media
- Teacher Recommendation: Some colleges require one or more teachers to complete a formal evaluation
- Class Rank: GPA relative to total peers in a student's graduating class
- Extracurricular Activities: Non-academic school involvements including clubs, organizations, & athletics
-Information about each Illinois 4-year public university: Admissions standards, financial aid, location, enrollment, & contact information.
-Information about 2 and 4-year schools in the University of Wisconsin system: Majors, admissions standards, financial aid, locations, enrollments, & contact information.