McHenry Community High School District 156

Partnering with the Community to Achieve Excellence

  • Welcome to the McHenry High School Registrar!




    MCHS New Student Registration

    You will need to make an appointment with the Registrar in order to begin the enrollment process.

    Here are the steps necessary to enroll your child:


    • When you meet with the Registrar, you will need to bring the following items:
    • Proof of residency
    •  Current utility bill with parent/guardian name and address (i.e water, gas, garbage)
    • Current lease agreement or mortgage contract with parent/guardian name and address

    If unable to provide the above documents, we will need:

    • Notarized statement of residency (a driver’s license will NOT be accepted as proof of residency)


    • An unofficial transcript or official, if possible, from all former high schools.
    • A copy of your child’s birth certificate
    • If your child last attended an Illinois Public School, you will need to bring in the Illinois State Transfer Form.  If he or she attended an out of state high school or parochial/private school, you will need to bring a letter of good standing from that school.
    • A copy of your child’s 9th grade physical and immunization records.
    • If your child receives additional academic services, you will need to bring in the most recent IEP, 504, or ACCESS score report.  (An appointment will have to be scheduled with Special Ed Director, Becky Covalt, if your child has an IEP)
    • If applicable, a copy of legal documents regarding sole/joint custody/physical residence which has been agreed upon between child’s parents.


    If you are registering during the school year, your child will start the day after you both meet with

    the counselors.