McHenry High School Building Improvements
Thanks to the support of our amazing community, District 156 is in the midst of a multi-year building improvement program as a result of the successful passage of a bond referendum in 2018.
Starting in 2019, the upgrade program includes several components, most notably the construction of the 70,000-square-foot Center for Science, Technology and Industry at West Campus.
spring-Summer 2020 projects
- New classroom unit ventilators and ductwork
- New LED lighting
- New HVAC chillers
- New building automation system
- New Lil' Warriors preschool room
- Four new stadium lights to replace eight old lights
- New drain tiles behind home bleachers to improve drainage
- Pave limestone paths
2020 construction updates
Summer 2019 projects
The following is a list of projects completed in 2019.
East Campus - Capital Projects
- Installation of new Geothermal HVAC System in all Classrooms and Offices
- New Classroom Ceilings and Ducted Vents
- New Interior and Exterior LED Lighting throughout the Building
- New Classroom Flooring
- New Building Automation System (BAS) & Commissioning on all Equipment
- New Roofing & Roof Top HVAC Units
West Campus - Capital Projects
- Complete West Campus Pool Project - Interior Tile replacement for Pool and Deck (HVAC and Filtration System were replaced last summer)
- Construction of new Parking Lot (next to South Lot) 200+ spaces
- Begin Foundation Work for New Building Extension on the North Side of the Building
Construction of New West Campus Building Extension (Center for Science Technology and Industry) will continue throughout the 2019-2020 school year. The extension will open in January (2nd Semester) of 2021.
However, we will not transition to a Freshmen Campus at East and 10th-12th Grade Campus at West until the Fall of 2021.