McHenry High School Building Improvements
Thanks to the support of our amazing community, including families and staff, District 156 is embarking on several improvements at both East Campus and West Campus. The following is a list of projects:
East Campus - Capital Projects (Summer 2019)
- Installation of new Geothermal HVAC System in all Classrooms and Offices
- New Classroom Ceilings and Ducted Vents
- New Interior and Exterior LED Lighting throughout the Building
- New Classroom Flooring
- New Building Automation System (BAS) & Commissioning on all Equipment
- New Roofing & Roof Top HVAC Units
West Campus - Capital Projects (Summer 2019)
- Complete West Campus Pool Project - Interior Tile replacement for Pool and Deck (HVAC and Filtration System were replaced last summer)
- Construction of 10 new Tennis Courts
- Construction of new Parking Lot (next to South Lot) 200+ spaces
- Begin Foundation Work for New Building Extension on the North Side of the Building
Construction of New West Campus Building Extension (Center for Science Technology and Industry) will continue throughout the 2019-2020 school year. The extension will open in January (2nd Semester) of 2021. However, we will not transition to a Freshmen Campus at East and 10th-12th Grade Campus at West until the Fall of 2021.
East Campus Summer 2019 Updates
Please enjoy these updates on Summer 2019 construction projects at East Campus.
West Campus Summer 2019 Updates
Please enjoy these updates on Summer 2019 construction projects at West Campus.